Please be considerate of all of our residents by picking up your dog's waste. There are many reasons this is important. Following are just a few:
1. It poisons grass and other plants. Cow manure is an effective fertilizer, but dog waste is not. It is actually toxic to plants.
2. It contains bacteria and parasites harmful to humans and other animals.
3. It contaminates waterways when rain washes it into drains. Canine waste is in the same EPA pollutant category as oil or abandoned mine runoff.
4. No one wants to step in it. Honestly, you wouldn't want someone to leave it in your yard, why would you leave it in someone else's?
5. Most importantly, it's the law. In Sugar Land it is illegal to leave your dog's waste.